An audition notice from the Golden Apple for three upcoming productions:
The Golden Apple Dinner Theatre of Sarasota will hold auditions for their Summer Season of shows, to include The Drowsy Chaperone, The Merry Widow and I Still ? New York, Still on Monday, April 19, 2010 from 10am until 4 pm at 25 N. Pineapple Ave. in Sarasota. Those auditioning are required to bring a picture and resume. Singers and dancers should bring their own music; an accompanist will be provided. Non Union actors are preferred. Singers will be asked to do a dance audition.
Character Breakdown for The Drowsy Chaperone is as follows:
- Aldolpho – European self-proclaimed “ladies man” (Bass/Baritone + great falsetto) .
- Feldzieg – Broadway producer (Baritenor)
- Gangsters – Posing as pastry chefs, intending to collect from Feldzieg (Tenors)
- George – Robert’s anxious best man (Tenor)
- Janet Van De Graaf – The famous bride (Alto/Soprano)
- Kitty – Feldzieg’s dim-witted companion (Soprano)
- Man in Chair – Musical theatre aficionado who mourns the end of the Golden Era. His recording of “The Drowsy Chaperone” brings the show to life as he narrates.
- Mrs. Tottendale – The air-headed host of the wedding (Alto)
- Robert Martin – The dashing, ever-cheerful groom (Tenor)
- The Drowsy Chaperone – Janet’s alcoholic confidante (Alto)
- Trix – The brave and brash female aviator (Alto)
- Underling – Mrs. Tottendale’s savvy butler (Tenor)
Character Breakdown for The Merry Widow is as follows:
- Tanya (Widow) – Soprano
- Danilo (Prince) – Baritone
- Lipoff (Ambassador) – Baritone
- Nasch (Assistant) – Baritone
- Raymon – Tenor
- Natasha (Ambassador’s Wife) – Soprano
- Derval (Gossip Colimnist) – Tenor
- Countess De Chassis (Derval’s Wife)
Character Breakdown for I Still ? New York is as follows;
The Golden Apple Dinner Theatre produces six large Broadway-style musicals a year. We are always looking for performers that can sing, dance and act. Here is some information that may help you obtain an audition appointment.
First time auditioners.
1. Submit a picture and resume via mail to The Golden Apple Dinner Theatre, 25 North Pineapple Avenue, Sarasota, FL 34236, attn: Production Coordinator. Or…
2. Email the same to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you are unable to attend auditions locally please submit an audio or video audition tape to the above address.
4. If you have an email address please include it with your resume or cover letter.
After obtaining an audition appointment
1. Prepare two contrasting songs, one upbeat and one ballad, preferably from the musical theatre genre.
2. Have sheet music available for the accompanist to sight-read.
3. Bring dance shoes and dancewear for a dance audition.
4. Please remember to bring headshots and resumes with you to the audition even if you have submitted them prior to your audition.
Due to the large amount of performers that attend our auditions we are unable to contact each actor with casting results. If you are not cast after your first audition please do not get discouraged. We often hire throughout the year and may contact you for future projects.