It’s 1st Thursday at Orlando Museum of Art (well, today’s Tuesday, but you know what I mean), and one of the highlights of this week’s event is an intro to the Fringe. Read on:
Orlando Fringe @ Orlando Museum of Art 1st Thursday X-Promo
Thursday, May 6, 2010
6 – 9 pm
Orlando Museum of Art
Come Join Orlando Fringe as part of Orlando Museum’s First Thursday’s Event on Thurs. May. 6th from 6-9 pm.
Be among the 1st to get your 2010 Fringe buttons, programs, merchandise. See Fringe Visual Art and live performances!
Live show from 7 -8 pm.
A 2010 Fringe Sampler Platter
Hosted by Recession Proof Boy and Recession Proof Girl (our mascots)
Entertainment will feature:
- Brian Feldman Projects, Fringe of Nature. Non-Eagle Scout Brian Feldman (“Orlando’s greatest living performance artist,” Orlando Weekly) takes the Fringe where it’s never gone before, with this overnight primitive camping trip to Wekiwa Springs State Park.
- Sunnyside Up Productions, Procrastination. Sunny is a choreographer, singer, musician releasing her new CD and production, Procrastination. Which explores the social behavior that keeps us stuck in the middle of living, loving and learning!
- Cara Cibulsky, Angels: The Epic Modern Dance Ballet. If you listen closely you can hear the flutter of wings, unconventional angels in extraordinary times. Beautifully imperfect stories of modern America. Life happens and we survive.
- Rake Theater, Tropical Depression. Jenny wants to relax during her Florida vacation. The universe has other plans. It’s hurricane season, and a storm is heading her way. Is she prepared for another disaster?
- Fringe Poetry Smackdown IV. Poetry, love it or hate it. Come out on the lawn and support (or jeer) your favorite local wordsmiths along with our bubbly and brutal Fringe celebrity judges, as they American Idol-ize these loudmouths down to size.
- Freeline Productions, Copping a Craigie. Sean is 40-something, out of work, and pretty much giving up hope that he’ll ever find a new position. Sandy is 20-something, just out of grad school, and full of optimism about landing her first great job. So what do these two have in common? Meet Dana.
- Chase Padgett, 6 Guitars. 6 characters. 6 styles of music. 1 performer. Experience a journey of song and story told through the eyes and the music of unforgettable and often hilarious guitar players.
About 1st Thursdays…
Orlando’s original art party is the award-winning 1st Thursdays presented by the Associates, the OMA’s volunteer support group committed to expanding OMA membership and encouraging the appreciation of the visual arts. From 6 – 9 pm on the first Thursday of each month, OMA showcases a new theme with works by local artists, live music, cash bars serving wine, beer and soft drinks, and café offerings from area restaurants.
Plus, 1st Thursdays guests receive free entrance to the OMA’s exhibitions. Admission to 1st Thursdays is free for OMA members and $10 for non-members. Parking is free at Orlando Loch Haven Park and overflow parking is available at the Orlando Science Center’s parking garage for $5 per vehicle.