Here’s an audition notice from the Osceola Center for the Arts:
The Osceola Center for the Arts is holding auditions for the musical comedy Bye Bye Birdie Sunday, June 20 and Monday, June 21 at 6 pm. Auditions will be held at the Center and are open to the public. Actors may attend either evening and should prepare 16 bars of a song and be ready to learn a short dance routine and read from the script. All roles are available and include the following characters (actors must be age 10 + up):
- Albert Peterson – a young man in his early 30’s; President of Almaelou Music Corp.
- Rose Alvarez – Albert’s secretary & long-time girlfriend
- Kim MacAfee – 15 years old; pretty & self-possessed
- Randolph MacAfee – Kim’s younger brother
- Mrs. Doris MacAfee – Mother of Kim & Randolph
- Mr. Harry MacAfee – Father of Kim & Randolph
- Mrs. Mae Peterson – Albert’s mother; the quintessential “Mamma”
- Conrad Birdie – Rock Star
- Hugo Peabody – Kim’s “steady”
- Gloria Rasputin – A big broad, tap dancing secretary; Mae’s choice to replace Rosie
- Ensemble: Teen Chorus (friends of Kim & Hugo); Policeman; Reporters; Mayor; Mayor’s Wife; Traveler; Townspeople
Bye Bye Birdie runs August 6-22 on Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 2pm and will be directed by Central Florida resident Jeremiah Krivinchuk. Krivinchuk recently directed The Odd Couple at the Center and has appeared on-stage in several musicals and plays including You Can’t Take It With You, Oliver, Greater Tuna, Bleacher Bums, and Flaming Idiots.
Tickets for Bye Bye Birdie are $15 and can be purchased by calling 407.846.6257 x 0. The Center is located at 2411 E. Hwy 192 between Kissimmee and St. Cloud. For more information, please call 407.846.6257 or visit www.ocfta.com.