Here’s a job posting for a house manager at the Garden Theatre in Winter Garden:
The Garden Theatre is a 299-seat performing-arts venue, a showplace for live theatre, dance and music, cinema viewings, community events and education programs in historic downtown Winter Garden. The Garden Theatre is seeking a House Manager to oversee box office operations and reporting for all private and public performances and events at the Garden Theatre, and to ensure the smooth-running of front of house aspects of the organization.
• Execute and oversee ticket sales (i.e. single tickets and season tickets online, on the phone, and in person)
• Recruit, schedule and supervise front of house staff and volunteers
• Establish and maintain good public relations with all patrons in person, on the phone and online
• Implement policies and procedures as established; recommend changes as appropriate
• Track and reconcile nightly concession and merchandise sales
Note: This job description delineates only major task components, and is subject to modification. It does not exclude or describe the nature of supporting activities that the House Manager may be involved in to meet the overall objectives of the Garden Theatre.
SALARY AND HOURS
• Hours – 15-30 hours per week, evenings and weekends
• Some daytime office hours, and additional hours as required as necessary in the opening of a new production and supporting the front of house team.
• Wage: $9-11, commensurate upon experience
• Reports to the Audience Development Manager
• The position is based at the Garden Theatre, 160 W. Plant St. Winter Garden, FL 34787
• Demonstrated knowledge of the day-to-day running and front of house aspects of a theatre company
• Demonstrated customer service and communication skills
• Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience in volunteer management
• Willingness to work flexible and varied hours
• Ability to work well under pressure and work independently
• Knowledge of non-profit business model and donor management a plus
• Knowledge of Tix.com ticketing system a plus
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.