Everybody knows that nonprofit groups have to struggle to stay ahead, and Mad Cow Theatre is no different from the rest. But Mad Cow is offering to help some of those other nonprofits stay afloat. It’s a series of community giving nights, during which the theater company will donate 20 percent of its proceeds to other groups.
Seems like a lovely gesture — and a nice way to build bridges in our community.
Here’s how it works:
Mad Cow Theatre proudly announces our Community Giving initiative this season to give back to not-for-profits in the community!
As part of our mission of “promoting, enhancing, and celebrating the human condition,” Mad Cow Theatre is making our 14th season a season of giving back to not-for-profits in Central Florida, by donating 20% of our single-ticket sales for a specific performance to a local non-profit.
These Community Giving Nights will feature a different not-for-profit organization for each show and take place on the first Thursday of each run (accommodations will be made in consideration of holidays).
If you are a local not-for-profit interested in being featured for one of Mad Cow Theatre’s upcoming Community Giving Nights please fill our information form online.
Upcoming Community Giving Nights:
- Company September 16, 2010 benefiting Equality Florida
- The Maids October 7, 2010 benefiting The Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Florida
- She Stoops to Conquer November 26, 2010
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? February 3, 2011
- Circle Mirror Transformation February 24, 2011
- Rashomon March 24, 2011
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum June 9, 2011
- TBA June 23, 2011
- Legacy of Light August 4, 2011
- The Understudy August 11, 2011
Due to the nature of live theatre, all artists, schedules and programming are subject to change. We regret any inconveniences.