An audition notice for a new company, Baggy Pants Theater, which performs at H2O Church on West Livingston Street in downtown Orlando:
Baggy Pants Theater will be holding auditions for our next production, The Robber Bridegroom, on Friday, Sept 10 from 7pm to 10pm and Saturday, Sept 11 from 3pm to 6pm with callbacks on Sept 12 at 3pm.
A musical with Book and Lyrics by Alfred Uhry, Music by Robert Waldman. A rousing, bawdy Southern fairy tale set in eighteenth century Mississippi, The Robber Bridegroom is the story of the courting of Rosamund, the only daughter of the richest planter in the country, by Jamie Lockhart, a rascally robber of the woods. The proceedings go awry, thanks to an unconventional case of double-mistaken identity. Throw in an evil stepmother intent on Rosamund’s demise, her pea-brained henchman and a hostile talking head-in-a-trunk, and you have the recipe for a rollicking country romp.
The Robber Bridegroom will be directed by UCF Theater alumnus Stephen Halpin.
This is an unpaid production that will be performed the first 2 weekends in November.
We will be casting the following roles:
- Airie, Goat’s sister
- Big Harp, the head of Little Harp’s older brother, played by an actor crouching in a wooden box. He’s the brains of their thieving operation.
- Clemment Musgrove, a wealthy planter. Very good at heart, if a little too trusting. He adores his daughter and tolerates his wife.
- Goat, a simpleton.
- Goat’s mother
- Jamie Lockhart, a gentleman robber. Very charming.
- Little Harp, a robber. Not very bright
- Raven. enigmatic and watchful (male or female, depending on the production)
- Residents of Rodney, ensemble.