This is an audition notice from the Lake Wales Little Theatre (LWLT) in Polk County:
Getting Sara Married, by Sam Bobrick
Audition Dates: Sept 13 and 14. 7PM @LWLT
Directed by Terry Loyd. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Hastings is an unmarried lawyer in her mid-thirties, much too busy to get involved in any romance. Her Aunt Martha has decided to take matters into her own hands and find her a husband. Unfortunately, Aunt Martha’s method of doing it amounts to having the prospective groom bopped over the head and brought to Sara’s apartment. Aunt Martha’s choice is Brandon Cates, a young man who handles her finances. Although Brandon is already engaged to be married, this does not deter Aunt Martha. After being bopped on the head a few times, having a temporary loss of memory and experiencing several instances of mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and a confrontation with a very angry fiancé, Brandon slowly comes to realize that Sara is really the girl for him.
- Sara – Late 20’s-30’s. Career minded, take-charge type
- Brandon – Same general age as Sara, Good dresser, yuppie type
- Aunt Marth – 50-60’s, aggressive, eccentric, free-thinker, fun-loving
- Snoggie – Any age, looks menacing, sneaky, possibly swarthy, preferably muscular
- Heather – 20’s-early 30’s, straight-laced, leaning toward being uptight and suspicious
- Chiropractor- 30’s looks like a doctor, clean-cut, non-speaking role.