Here’s an audition announcement from the Lake Wales Little Theatre:
Murder by Natural Causes by Tim Kelly
Director: Denny Wittman (Contact Denny Wittman for more info and to read the script.)
Audition Dates: Nov 8 and 9 @7PM
Production Dates: Jan. 14 – 30
Lake Wales Little Theatre is located at 411 N. Third Street, Lake Wales. From State Road 17 (Scenic Highway), turn east onto Seminole Avenue (Johnson Funeral Home) and then left onto Third Street. Parking is across the street from the theater.
A stylish and witty suspense play that combines laughter with thrills. Arthur Sinclair is a successful world-famous mentalist in the tradition of Joseph Dunninger. His beautiful wife Allison plots his murder for the commonest of all motives—greed. She enlists the aid of a struggling young actor. Her foolproof murder plan cannot possibly misfire as it’s too skillfully inventive—or is it? After all, Arthur (as everyone knows) has psychic gifts. But does he? Once the killing scheme is set in motion, the plot begins to twist and turn. Nothing is as it seems. It will take all of your mental powers to solve this wildly clever and entertaining thriller.
- Arthur Sinclair: A mentalist (mind reader) and a wealthy performer. 30-40’s.
- Allison Sinclair: Arthur’s Wife. Has cooked up a plan to kill off her husband. 20’s – Late 30’s.
- Gil Weston: Having an affair with Allison. Part of the murder plot.
- George Brubaker: Arthur’s attorney and best friend. Also part of the murder plot. 30’s and up.
- Jessica Prescott: Arthur’s book editor. 20’s and up.
- Marta: The Sinclairs’ maid. Any Age. 20’s and up.
- Mrs. Carrington: Concert promoter. 30’s and up.
- Eddie Oakman: Private investigator. 30’s and up.