Here’s a note from Greater Orlando Actors Theatre about further auditions for Aida — scheduled for Wednesday:
Greater Orlando Actors Theatre is holding additional auditions for the rock musical Aida, Elton John and Tim Rice’s contemporary Broadway hit, at Harwood-Watson dance studios at 820 Lake Baldwin Lane on Wednesday December 8 by appointment only. Although this day is set for callbacks the director will see those who are auditioning for the first time. To make an appointment please call 407-872-8451 or email email@example.com.
Auditioners should prepare two contrasting songs, 16 bars each. Please bring sheet music in your key or CD accompaniment if necessary. Be prepared to dance and read from the script if asked. Please bring a resume and a recent headshot or photograph.
The roles of Aida and Amneris are cast. All other roles are available and include the following characters:
• Radames: Tenor; A handsome, Egyptian Captain, son of Zoser, who enjoys the adventures of war without realizing its devastation. He is a good man who wants to be a better man.
• Zoser: Baritone; A manipulative and evil Chief Minister of Egypt, father of Radames. He is power-hungry and lives without scruples.
• Mereb: Tenor; A young Nubian slave and servant to Radames, who is faithful to his Nubian heritage and dreams of a better life for his people.
• Nehebka: Mezzo-Soprano; A Nubian slave.
• Amonasro: King of Nubia and father of Aida. An honorable and peaceful man.
• Pharaoh: Leader of Egypt and father of Amneris.
• Ensemble: Male and Female
All roles are unpaid. GOAT encourages performers of all ages and ethnicities to audition.
Paul Castaneda is the Director. Terry Wolfe is the Musical Director.
Aida is a story of star-crossed love set in ancient Egypt. It centers around a strong-willed Nubian Princess who falls in love with an Egyptian captain during a time of brutal war between their countries. Add in the captain’s materialistic royal fiancee, his power-hungry father, murder, sex, temptation, intrigue, love and humor, and you wind up with a compelling musical that captivates and entertains.
Aida will be performed at the Goldman Theater at the John & Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center on 812 East Rollins Street. Performances will be on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights at 8 p.m. in the Goldman Theater from January 28 through February 13. Industry Night will be Monday, February 7 at 8 p.m.
Please call 407-872-8451 for audition appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org.