Breakthrough Theatre’s first one-act festival, set for April 8 and 9, seeks new plays. Here’s how to submit your work:
The Breakthrough Theatre of Winter Park will hold an Original One Act Play Festival on Friday, April 8, and Saturday, April 9, 2011, from 7 p.m. to midnight on both evenings.
1. Plays must be originals and be LESS THAN 60 minutes in length.
2. Plays must have little or no set pieces, and easy lighting, tech, etc.
3. There will be a play each hour at 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11:00 p.m. on both nights.
*We may add all day Saturday, April 9, and Sunday, April 10, if we have enough entries.
4. Your day and time will be determined by a random drawing.
5. You will only have 60 minutes TOTAL to set up, perform, and break down.
6. You must choose your own director, cast, and techies.
7. All rehearsals must be held in a location other than the Breakthrough.
8. You will get one rehearsal in the space the week before the event. There will be a technical director there to assist you.
9. The theater has a sofa, table, and black boxes that may be used as props, or you may bring your own items.
10. Playwrights will not receive any compensation for participating in this event.
11. You may perform your play up to 3 performances.
12. You must register by January 31.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2011:
1. Contact Name
2. Contact Information (phone/email/etc.)
3. Write a 1 paragraph description of your play.
4. Time length of your play.
5. Is your play for mature audiences? Why?
6. How many times would you like to perform your play? (up to 3)
6. On the subject line of your email, please write “One Act Festival”.
It’s that simple!
For more information about this event, contact Wade Hair on Facebook (best way) or at email@example.com.
The Breakthrough Theatre is located at 419A W. Fairbanks Avenue in Winter Park.