Another audition notice from Breakthrough Theatre:
Auditions for the Del Shores comedy Daddy’s Dyin’, Who’s Got The Will?, directed by Tara Corless, will be held on:
Saturday, February 5, from 12-5 and Sunday, February 6, from 7-10 p.m.
No appointments taken.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
The show will be presented from March 24-April 3 on Thursday, Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m.
- Sara Lee Turnover, 36, the middle sister. Twenty pounds overweight, the town beautician, sports a bleached blond bee-hive. Single and still lives at home. Strong-willed and has a wonderful sense of humor.
- Lurlene Turnover Rogers, 42, the oldest sister. A preacher’s wife and elementary school teacher. Attractive, stylish, very Christian-but she has a bite.
- Mama Wheelis, 80, the Turnover children’s grandmother. She’s feisty, speaks her mind, and rules the household.
- Evalita Turnover, 35, the youngest sister. Six times married, loves to shock her family. She was a beauty, and still is from a distance. Has a worn look about her. A wounded soul.
- Harmony Rhodes, 36, Evalita’s latest fiance. A musician and vegetarian. Attractive, tan, off-beat, long curly hair. Looks like Jesus with earrings. Has a past.
- Orville Turnover, 38, the brother. Fat, abusive, unhappy, and mean. A redneck trash collector.
- Buford “Daddy” Turnover, 67, the father. A stroke victim. Partially paralyzed on his left side, but can walk with a slight limp. Has occasional moments of coherency.
- Marlene Turnover, 36, Orville’s wife. Temporarily overweight. A constant victim of Orville’s abuse. However, losing 62 pounds can boost a girl’s confidence.