I’m back in town and back on the blog. Here’s an audition notice from Breakthrough Theatre:
The Breakthrough Theatre will hold auditions for the classic drama The Diary of Anne Frank, by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, newly adapted by Wendy Kesselman, on:
Saturday, January 15, from 2-5 p.m. AND Sunday, January 16, from 6-8 p.m. (Note time change.)
The show will be directed by Tanya Roller.
The show will be presented from February 25-March 13, 2011.
Please prepare a dramatic monologue (no dialects) and bring a headshot and resume if available. Cold readings may be done if necessary.
No appointments being taken.
In this transcendentally powerful new adaptation by Wendy Kesselman, Anne Frank emerges from history a living, lyrical, intensely gifted young girl, who confronts her rapidly changing life and the increasing horror of her time with astonishing honesty, wit, and determination. An impassioned drama about the lives of eight people hiding from the Nazis in a concealed storage attic, The Diary of Anne Frank captures the claustrophobic realities of their daily existence—their fear, their hope, their laughter, their grief. Each day of these two dark years, Anne’s voice shines through: “When I write I shake off all my cares. But I want to achieve more than that. I want to be useful and bring enjoyment to all people, even those I’ve never met. I want to go on living even after my death!” This is a new adaptation for a new generation.
- Anne Frank, female 12 – 16, the central character
- Otto Frank, male 40 – 50, Anne and Margot’s father
- Edith Frank, female 40 – 50, Anne and Margot‟s mother
- Margot Frank, female 15 – 19, Anne’s older sister
- Peter Van Daan, male 15 – 18, son of Mr. and Mrs. Van Dann
- Petronella Van Daan, female 40 – 50, mother of Peter
- Putti Van Daan, male 40 – 50, father of Peter
- Jan Dussel, male 45 – 60, an irritable former dentist
- Miep Gies, female 25 – 35, the annex resident’s link to the outside world
- Mr. Kraler, male 35 – 60, former employee of Mr. Frank
- Nazi Soldiers & Officers, male 18 – 40