Pointe Performing Arts Center will do a season of 10 mostly familiar plays this year at its theater on International Drive, beginning with a January-February production of Noel Coward’s Blithe Spirit. Most of the titles have been successful plays that were turned into movies.
Here’s the list:
- Blithe Spirit, Jan. 27-Feb. 13
- Equus, March 3-20
- Side Show, April 21-May 8
- Proof, June 2-19
- The History Boys, July 7-24
- Steel Magnolias, Aug. 11-28
- The Guys (9/11 10th-anniversary memorial performance), Sept. 8-11
- Rent, Sept. 22-Oct. 9
- Driving Miss Daisy, Oct. 27-Nov. 13
- Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus, Dec. 1-23
The theater, which is at Pointe Orlando, will offer dinner-and-show packages, including parking and a meal at Taverna Opa or B.B. King’s, for $35. Regular-admission tickets are $15 and $20. Details: 407-374-3587 or pointearts.org.