Here’s an announcement for an available job at Orlando Repertory Theatre:
Orlando Repertory Theatre (the Rep), a theatre for family and young audiences, seeks an energetic and experienced development director. This employee is expected to be self motivated, have exceptional communication and organizational skills, have experience in fundraising for the arts, have written grants and lead fundraising campaigns, be able to work independently and in collaboration with administrative staff, and have strong computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Photoshop, etc.). Prior experience in non-profit (preferably performing arts) is required. The development director will report directly to the executive director.
Please send your resume and four-page cover letter outlining your grant writing experience and background in fundraising by email (email@example.com) or by mail (Orlando Repertory Theatre, Attn: Nao Tsurumaki, 1001 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803). This position begins in February 2011.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Research potential funding organizations and write grant proposals; identify and cultivate donors, foundation relations and endowment funds.
• Create and maintain long-range and immediate fundraising plans.
• Meet the annual fundraising goals in corporate, foundation, private and government support.
• Implement any and all fundraising campaigns and planned giving.
• Provide all benefit packages to clients, granting agencies and sponsors and fulfill the Rep’s obligations accordingly.
• Schedule and attend meetings and conference calls with potential and existing funders weekly with/without executive director
• Attend Rep board meetings to present “needs” from the organization to the board and request assistance from the board members in making contacts within the business and private community to further sponsorships, corporate and private giving.
• Assist the Rep’s board member with their fundraising efforts and initiatives by providing information, tools and support.
• Implement and operate annual United Arts campaign – designated giving fund drive.
• Work with marketing in creating print materials for development projects – including but not limited to granting proposals, special events, Rep board development.
• Internship coordination within the development area.
• Participate through all Rep departments (production, administrative, education, community engagement, etc. to research and develop granting possibilities.
• Develop and execute the Rep’s special events to raise funds and/or fulfill the sponsorship obligations
• Attend workshops and events hosted by community partners to increase the Rep’s profile
• Create and distribute annual reports to existing and potential funders.
• A bachelor’s degree required
• A proven track of record of fundraising in a non-profit setting/prior experience in a development office required (preferably performing arts organization)
• A proven track record of ability to work independently in a high volume atmosphere under established time constraints is required.
• Possess financial skills in order to help create grant budgets and track them for reporting
• Prior experience with donor tracking database systems is desirable
• 3 to 5 years in a leadership/management role
• Ability to work in collaboration with administrative staff and board members
• Interpersonal skills to collaborate with various clients, funders and volunteers on multiple projects as the organization’s representative
The Rep is a family theatre and anyone in a management position is required to represent themselves at internal or external activities in a manner that corresponds to positive family values. The Rep is an equal employment opportunity employer. For more about the Rep, please visit orlandorep.com