Playwrights’ Round Table, which up until now has shown up a few times a year, is expanding its offerings of new plays by (mostly) local playwrights. Here’s the word:
Playwrights’ Round Table announces first full season of new plays
Playwrights’ Round Table is very pleased to announce that the organization has signed a new contract with the fine folks at the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and will present a full season of all-original works for the first time in its 14-year existence.
The 2011-2012 season officially begins this summer with Summer Shorts 2011 (though we hope to include the 2011 Orlando International Fringe Festival in our season as well) and continues through March 2012, with our very first full production of a full-length original play.
The schedule (all performances in Studio B at Lowndes Shakespeare Center):
- July 21-24 and 27-31, 2011 – Summer Shorts 2011 (7 ten-minute plays)
- October 20-23 and 26-30, 2011 – The 2nd Annual John Goring Memorial Festival of One-Act Plays (3-4 one-act plays)
- January 12-15 and 18-22, 2012 – Launch 2012 (7 ten-minute plays)
- February 2012 – ArtsFest (exact dates TBD) (1 staged reading)
- March 22-25 and 28-31, April 1, 2012 – New full-length production (1 play)
- May 2012 (hopefully) – The Orlando International Fringe Festival – dates TBD (1 play)
In case you’re doing the math, that’s around twenty new plays in one season!
So, PRT fans, that means there will be a lot of opportunities to participate in original play productions. Our returning and new playwrights have more avenues to showcase their work than ever before, and there is plenty of work for directors, actors, and techs with us. And we humbly ask for your participation. We are very excited about the potential of this bold move — please help us make it the very best it can be!
Watch for news on script calls, auditions and much more. We look forward to the challenge!