Freud’s Last Session, a current off-Broadway hit, will fill the remaining to-be-announced slot in Mad Cow Theatre’s current season. The show, by playwright Mark St. Germain (Camping With Henry and Tom) will be presented March 11-April 3 in Mad Cow’s smaller theater, Stage Right.
The play tells the story of a meeting between Sigmund Freud and the much younger academic C.S. Lewis, who expects to be scolded for making fun of Freud in a recent book but finds out that the famous psychoanalyst has a more significant reason for wanting to meet.
St. Germain’s play had its premiere in Massachusetts in 2009 and opened off-Broadway last summer. Despite having to close in December because its theater was booked for another play, Freud’s Last Session proved to be so popular with audiences that the play reopened in January.
Because of scheduling for Freud’s Last Session, Mad Cow is juggling some of the remainder of its season. Here’s the new schedule:
- Freud’s Last Session, March 11-April 3, Stage Right.
- Circle Mirror Transformation, March 18-April 17, Stage Left (dates have shifted).
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, June 10-July 10, Stage Left (dates remain the same).
- Rashomon, June 17-July 10, Stage Right (dates have shifted).
- Legacy of Light, July 29-Aug. 28, Stage Left (dates remain the same).
- The Understudy, Aug. 5-28, Stage Right (dates remain the same).
Details: 407-297-8788 Ext. 1 or madcowtheatre.com.