Here’s a job notice from In the Limelight:
In the Limelight, a theatrical production company and acting school for young people, announces an opening on its performing arts faculty team. The company seeks a Musical Theater/Voice Teacher to work with ages 8-18 for spring/ summer 2011 and beyond.
Katie Corrie, Director and Founder, is looking for a positive, creative, high energy, team player who is an experienced teacher and performer in all types of theater. The right candidate must be an experienced Musical Theater Professional who can play the piano and teach beginner-intermediate voice technique to ages 8-18 for various productions, a glee-style performance troupe, classes and camps in Orlando starting in February 2011.
- Must have at least 3 years experience teaching and 21 years of age or older.
- Must facilitate high-energy sessions using lesson plans you have created and/or scripts/scores.
- Must be a happy, patient person with a genuine respect and love for children and teens, who can provide structured, entertaining sessions that keep everyone engaged.
- Must be dependable and have personality.
- In the spring, must be available for Saturday rehearsals from 4-6 pm for the glee-style performance troupe.
- In the summer, must be available for auditions and Monday-Friday, 9-2 or 9-4 sessions. Musical Theater sessions produce a production or performance in a 3 or 4 week rehearsal period, plus show times. Summer productions are Seussical the Musical and Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Productions rehearse at the YMCA Aquatic Center on International Drive and will be performed in the Margeson Theater at Lowndes Shakespeare Center.
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English.
- Must creatively motivate and inspire students.
- Must be able to create lesson plans.
- Must be able to commit to entire production/camp sessions/class session.
- Preferably looking for long-term.
In the Limelight encourages our staff members to get to know the children individually so we can make it the best experience possible. Our focus is to encourage the students in their journey of performing arts as well as fostering a sense of self-esteem. We help each of them to achieve their own personal potential and take pride in themselves and the effort(s) they put forth.
Salary, benefits: Salary is open and based on experience. No benefits.
If interested, please email the following to Katie@inthelimelightorlando.com:
- A Resume
- Expected compensation
About In the Limelight
In the Limelight is an innovative theatrical production company for children and teens in Central Florida. Our focus is to present high quality dramatic and comedic plays and musicals, featuring children and teens in all of the roles. In addition to productions, we specialize in small group instruction and private coaching for young actors interested in drastically improving their on-stage performances. In the Limelight is dedicated to not only training students to be markedly better actors using proven, comprehensive, advanced techniques, we also specialize in audition preparation for directors in all mediums. In the Limelight is a theatrical production company and acting school for children and teens with locations in Gotha and Orlando. Our mission is to enrich the lives of young people by addressing their unique needs through formal education in the performing arts and productions of the highest quality. We help our students develop skills and broaden their horizons as people and as artists. We believe that by exposing children to all aspects of theatrical production, they will learn valuable skills, build their confidence and take part in experiences they will always treasure. We provide young people the opportunity to explore and perform theater together in an educational, supportive and professional environment, while developing self-esteem, teamwork, and positive communication skills. http://www.inthelimelightorlando.com