The Melon Patch Theater, which has been plugging along in Leesburg since 1951, thinks it’s about time it had a logo. So it’s conducting a logo contest, open to anyone. Here’s lots of info on what the theater is looking for and how to enter (and if you need more info, call the theater at 352-787-3013.
The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise, any form of advertising, social networking sites, and other purposes. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to re-size easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
The logo must convey the family friendly, positive image of the Melon Patch Theater. A logo that is not positive and suitable to be seen by all ages cannot win the contest.
Complete official contest rules are available at the Melon Patch Theater office.
How to enter:
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to MelonPatchContest@me.com. The entries can be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format and also as a JPEG.
- The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the entrant.
- No more than 3 entries may be submitted by any one entrant.
- Entries must conform to the submission guidelines. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for entries is midnight on March 31, 2011, Eastern Daylight Time.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
The winning design will be announced at the Melon Patch Players Sara Awards ceremony in 2011, normally held in June. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in time for him or her to attend, but Melon Patch Players is unable to pay for travel and accommodations.
The winning designer will receive:
- Season tickets for two (2) complimentary tickets for a main-stage productions or (1) scholarship for participation in all Patchwork productions during the 2011 – 2012 season.
- The right to identify himself/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for this purpose and by the Melon Patch Players (MPP). Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- MPP reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- MPP reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to MPP.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for MPP to make public and otherwise use winner’s name and state and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All entries will become the sole property of MPP and may be displayed publicly by MPP.
- The winning entry will be registered by MPP as a service mark and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the entry to MPP in accordance with the official rules of this contest.