Here’s a notice from Mad Cow Theatre that it needs to hire somebody to work part-time in the box office:
PART TIME Box Office Assistant
Part-Time Thursday-Sunday; daytime and evenings. This position may include the following responsibilities. Maintaining the inventory of all concession items, processing bulk orders, and picking-up and delivering items weekly to the theatre. Must be comfortable with lifting items up to 30 lbs. Flexibility with hours as needed for special events. Provide Customer Service and Sales Assistance to patrons who call our Box Office and on Day of Show. Be able to sell Tickets, Season Subscriptions, Classes Registration, Gift Certificates and Merchandise as needed. Must be comfortable with both phone sales and walk-up sales situations.
- Perform data entry and create reports using Excel.
- Provide Customer Service to theatre patrons seeing our shows.
- Answer calls and take ticket orders from the Box Office phone line when needed.
- Conduct weekly inventory for concessions and merchandise.
- Place orders for concessions with consideration to delivery/pick-up dates.
- Pick-up orders and deliver them to the theatre in a timely manner.
- Provide weekly reports of purchases to Box Office Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must posses reliable transportation and be willing to use own car for running errands
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Friendly and polite telephone presentation and manner
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- A team player who is able to work well with others under sometimes stressful environments
- Must be able to problem solve, think on your feet, acting with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Possess strong communication, organizational and people skills.
- Experience in handling heavy phones
- Previous Sales and/or Box Office experience
- ProVenue Ticketing knowledge a plus.
- Computer literacy with Ms Office (Word, Excel, Publisher) and Internet Research
- College Degree Preferred
Mad Cow seeks a diverse company and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
Please submit cover letter and resume to HR Department via email: email@example.com or via fax: (407) 206-0481. No phone calls please.