Here’s a long note from Winter Park Playhouse for further auditions for its 2011-2012 season:
Winter Park Playhouse adds an additional day of auditions!
Due to overwhelming response, Winter Park Playhouse has added an additional day of auditions for its 2011-2012 season on Wednesday, April 20th from 4:00 pm to 8 pm. The auditions are by appointment and the same procedures as listed below will apply!
2011 – 2012 General Auditions
Winter Park Playhouse will be holding additional auditions for the 2011-2012 season Wednesday, April 20, 2011 from 4 pm – 8 pm.
Auditions are by appointment only.
- Seeking Equity (O.A.T. Category 3 Contract) & Non-Equity musical performers.
- Prepare an up-tempo song and a ballad; one minute comic monologue; bring a non-returnable resume and headshot.
- Dance combinations will be taught at the call-back auditions on a later date.
Auditions will be held at:
Winter Park Playhouse
711-C Orange Ave. Winter Park, FL 32789
For an appointment call (407) 645-0145
Completely Hollywood (Abridged)
Rehearsals begin June 20, 2011 / Runs July 15-August 6, 2011
- 3 Men with great comic timing and improv skills, very physical.
Musical of Musicals, The Musical
August 19-28 & September 9-17, 2011
- All roles cast
Rehearsals begin September 19, 2011 / Runs October 7-29, 2011
- 1 Girl to play Tina (age 10 – 12) must be a dynamite singer, dancer and actress
- 1 Woman (20 – 45) to play Judy Denmark, Tina’s mother
- 1 Woman (35 – 55) Lita Encore, Tina’s Grandmother
- 1 Woman (20 – 45) Miss Thorn, Drama teacher doubling with Miss Block, reporter
- 1 Woman (20 – 30) Louise, young actress doubling with Eve, personal assistant
- 1 Man to play Sylvia St. Croix, talent agent
Rehearsals begin October 31, 2011 / Runs November 18-19 & December 2-17, 2011
- A musical tribute to Cole Porter – seeking 2 men & 2 women who sing and move very well
I Love You Because
Rehearsals begin January 2, 2012 / Runs January 20-February 11, 2012
- Austin Bennet (25; tenor to A): greeting card writer.
- Jeff Bennet (28; baritone to G [optional A]): pedicab driver.
- Marcy Fitzwilliams (24; soprano, strong mix to F, belt to D): photographer.
- Diana Bingley (27; alto to D): actuary.
- 1 Woman (20 – 30 soprano) cocktail waitress, barista, neighbor, Chinese food restaurant manager, NYC woman
- 1 Man (20 – 30 bari-tenor) bartender, barista, waiter, Chinese food restaurant waiter, NYC man
The Andrews Brothers
Rehearsals begin February 13, 2012 / Runs March 2-24, 2012
3 Men, 1 Woman; Intricate harmonies throughout for everyone.
- Lawrence (Baritone/Bass) His Andrews counterpart is LaVerne. His 4F ailment is incredibly poor eyesight. Lots of physical sight gags, perhaps the biggest clown of the group.
- Max (Tenor) His Andrews counterpart is Maxene. His 4F ailment is flat feet – (“but only the left one!”). He is the stage manager and attempts to remain in charge in the face of total disaster. Tap solo in act two.
- Patrick (Tenor/Baritenor) His Andrews counterpart is Patty. His 4F ailment is asthma. He stutters and stammers throughout act one, and generally sings lead in act two – front and center as Patty. His gentle, sweet nature makes it easy for Peggy to fall in love with him.
- Peggy (Mezzo-Soprano) Perhaps a cross between Betty Hutton and Betty Grable, Peggy has been branded a pin-up girl, and this show is her big chance to show everyone she’s a lot more than just another pretty face. Warm, loving and sincere. Peggy has two solo numbers in act two.
Rehearsals begin April 2, 2012 / Runs April 20-May 12, 2012
- Alan – 48, (Baritone) older man, a college administrator
- Arlene – 48, (Mezzo) his wife with a new empty nest
- Danny – 20, (Tenor) young idealistic musician
- Lizzie – 20, (Soprano) young independent student
- Nick – 30, (Bari-tenor) a coach
- Pam – 30, (Mezzo) a coach, a bit neurotic
- 1 Man – a briefly seen narrator / a doctor / friend / townsperson
- 1 Woman – a nurse / friends / townsperson
Due to the large amount of performers that attend our auditions, we are unable to contact each actor with casting results. If you are not cast after your first audition please do not get discouraged. We often hire throughout the year and may contact you for future projects.