Here’s a note from David Chernault:
SeaWord is looking for singers for a “flash mob” choir celebrating the Grand Opening of its new Shamu Show “One Ocean”!
We are forming a 580-voice choir for a very special event. SeaWorld is launching a brand new Shamu show and you’re invited to join the world premiere cast of “One Ocean”. If you are interested in being a part of the excitement, the spectacle, and the fun of a world premiere Seaworld experience, keep reading!
We need all ages from 6 years old to 100. You must be able to follow directions, memorize your music prior to first rehearsal, and quietly entertain yourself during our “down” time. ☺ This is a great opportunity to perform as an individual, group, choir or family.
• You will receive a vocal track and lyrics for 2 songs (actually, it’s a song and a reprise) This music MUST be memorized before our first rehearsal.
• We will rehearse Thursday April 21st at Seaworld from 6-10 pm. (Grade school and middle school singers will have an additional rehearsal, info below)
• Call time for the show it 9 am Friday April 22
• Showtime is at 10:00am Show will last 25-30 min
• There will be a holding area for a parent/chaperone who is not singing. If you are not part of the choir you will not be allowed in the rehearsal area. We encourage you to sing with us!
• Only ONE chaperone/parent is allowed to enter with their singing child.
• On Friday after our performance you are invited to spend the rest of your day at SeaWorld (It’s Good Friday and most of you will be off school/work)
• Each choir member will be given 2 comp tickets to SeaWorld to use at another time, as long as they have been to Thursday rehearsal and the Friday event.
We are always excited to perform at SeaWorld. They have a long history of producing quality entertainment and this special grand opening show will certainly be a memorable experience for everyone involved and all those attending.
If you would like to be part of this exciting event please respond ASAP. Here is what you do (please read carefully):
1. Email email@example.com in the subject line print SEAWORLD, in the body of the email we need the name, age, voice part if known, shirt size, contact numbers and email.
2. We are putting together a 580-voice choir we would love for you to invite your friends. However, we ask that you know the people you are inviting, they must be able to carry a tune and not be afraid of singing in front of a large audience!
3. Grade school and middle school singers will have an additional rehearsal. This rehearsal will be held at Next Generation Kids Saturday, April 9, Kindergarten through 5th Grade singers will rehearse from 11am – noon, Middle school singers will rehearse from 12:30–1:30 pm. Next Generation Kids, 308 Live Oak Blvd, Casselberry.
As we are coordinating a large group we ask that if you have any questions you submit via email. Most of what you need to know is listed above. firstname.lastname@example.org