Here’s a revised job posting from Orlando Repertory Theatre:
Rep Development Director: (Revised Listing)
Orlando Repertory Theatre (the Rep), a theatre for family and young audiences, seeks an energetic and experienced Development Director as a member of the Leadership Team. The Development Director is responsible for all aspects of the Rep’s fundraising, including cultivating and maintaining corporate, foundation, government and private support.
Ideal candidates will be self motivated, have exceptional communication and organizational skills, experience in fundraising and grant writing, be able to work independently and in collaboration with administrative staff, and have strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.). Prior experience in non-profit administration (preferably performing arts) is required. The Development Director will report directly to the Executive Director.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your fundraising and/or grant writing experience, with an example if available, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (Orlando Repertory Theatre, Attn: Gene Columbus, 1001 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research potential funding organizations and write grant proposals; Identify and cultivate donors, foundation relations, endowment funds, and support marketing outreach programs
- Create and maintain long-range and immediate fundraising plans with the Strategic Planning Committee; Establish achievable annual fundraising goals in corporate, foundation, private and government support
- Maintain the contributed income portion of the organization’s budget with assistance from the General & Production Manager and Office Manager
- Schedule and attend meetings and conference calls with potential and existing funders with or without the Executive Director
- Expand the prospective supporter list and maintain monthly updates to the Board of Directors
- Implement fundraising campaigns including the annual United Arts campaign, and planned giving initiatives such as endowment funds and other projects
- Follow up with sponsors and granting agencies, and provide benefit packages or reports as promised by sponsorship and grant agreements
- Attend Rep Board meetings to present needs from the organization, and request assistance from the Board members in making contacts within the business and private community to further sponsorships, corporate and private giving; Assist Board Members with their fundraising efforts and initiatives by providing information, tools and support
- Work with Marketing to create materials for development projects such as proposals, special events, Rep Board Development, and annual or other reports for the organization’s supporters
- • Coordinate internship work within Development and other areas as assigned
- Work with various Rep Departments (production, administration, education, community engagement, etc.) to research and develop new granting possibilities
- Develop and execute special events to raise funds and/or community support
- Attend workshops and events to increase the Rep’s profile
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 to 5 years in a leadership/management role preferred, as this is a Leadership Team position
- A proven track of record of fundraising in a non-profit setting or prior experience in a development office
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate with various clients, funders and volunteers on multiple projects as the organization’s representative
- Excellent abilities in public speaking and giving presentations, with strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently in a high volume atmosphere under established time constraints
- Possession of financial knowledge necessary for creating and tracking grant program budgets
- Prior experience with donor tracking database systems is desirable
- Ability to work in collaboration with administrative staff and Board members
The Rep is a family theatre, and anyone in a management position is required to represent themselves at internal or external activities in a manner that corresponds to positive family values. The Rep is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. For more about the Rep, please visit www.orlandorep.com.