Here’s a request from local playwright Carol Rose Offutt:
I would like to invite theater enthusiasts to participate in a reading of my play, Distant Runway Lights, a military romance set in the 1940s.
Along with participants, I would like audience members to give a critique of the play and participate in a discussion of the play at the conclusion of the reading.
If you are interested in participating and/or attending, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Please mention Play Reading in the subject line. Additionally, please let me know what evening of the week would best suit your schedule.
We will be sure to have a fun evening!
Carol Rose Offutt
Four main characters:
- Bill is a young man from New Orleans and is the pilot of a B-17 bomber during WWII.
- Margaret is a young woman from western Pennsylvania and becomes a pen pal to Bill.
- Fred is Margaret’s brother and is radio navigator on Bill’s B-17.
- Mom is the mother of Margaret and Fred.
Other small bits and voices include:
- Men’s voices: co-pilot, bombardier, gunner, tail gunner, man in the tower, postman (The same men will serve as extras in other scenes)
- Bill’s mother’s voice
- Two young women speaking and extras.