Here’s a job announcement from George Hamrah at Orlando Shakespeare Theater:
Wardrobe Personnel – Orlando Shakespeare Theater, an AEA regional theatre company, is searching for seasonal Wardrobe Personnel for our 9-show 23rd season.
Wardrobe Personnel are responsible for the care and maintenance of finished costumes as used in the production and provides hands on assistance with costumes to actors in the dressing rooms and backstage.
Additionally, candidate is responsible for:
- Creating costume change/dresser plot,
- Supervise preparation of dressing cards, lists, and costume check items,
- Oversee costume maintenance including laundry and repair,
- Oversee Load-In and Strike in regards to show costume,
- Ensure maintenance of original look of costumes.
- Review of costumes prior to each performance,
- Assist actors with dressing and quick changes,
- Perform pre-show setup and post-show clean up,
- Perform emergency costume repairs as necessary,
- Attend fittings and rehearsals as needed,
- Ensure proper placement of costume pieces prior to show.
Requirements: Minimum BA in Technical Theatre or equivalent experience. 2+ years experience in theater backstage wardrobe at a regional theater; Excellent organization, problem-solving, and communicative skills.
Orlando Shakes is looking for two (2) positions. 1) a full-time, seasonal, hourly position would begin early August 2011 through April 2012. 2) Part-time, individual show contracts are also available throughout our season. We are especially seeking local candidates.
Starting salary is $8 per hour plus health benefits. Please send cover letter, references and resume as PDF files via e-mail to email@example.com with your name and wardrobe search in the subject.
No Phone Calls Please.