It’s busy time over at Playwrights’ Round Table, where they’ve chosen the scripts for the Summer Shorts series and are on the lookout for a full-length play to be produced in March 2012.
The list of Summer Shorts titles and writers:
- Mime Readers by Stephen J. Miller
- Snakeskin by David Strauss
- The Interview by Chuck Dent
- Your Daddy’s Ride by Nancy Andrews
- A Bucketful of Gold by Penny Jackson
- It’s Very Dark Here by Ryan Bernier
- Bath Time is Fun Time! by Arthur Jolly
Summer Shorts will be presented July 21-31 in Lowndes Shakespeare Center’s Studio B. Details: email@example.com.
Meanwhile, the group is looking for full-length scripts — or one in particular. Here are the submission guidelines:
- Plays must be original, previously unproduced works; the only exceptions are for works previously done outside Central Florida that have only received a limited amount of production. Plays that have been previously workshopped or presented as a staged reading are acceptable.
- Plays must be approximately 90-120 minutes in length, divided into two acts. Scripts should be properly formatted and submitted electronically in .doc (MS Word 2003) format. Please submit plays in 12pt Times New Roman font. We will occasionally accept other formats, but reserve the right to request that the playwright re-submit their script(s) in order to be considered. Please number the pages.
- Please include the following information on the title page of your submission: name, e-mail address, contact phone number, place of residence, and a brief synopsis of the play. Please also include a resume or CV, in a separate attachment from the play submission.
- The selected play will be performed in a small, three-quarter thrust black box theater. Thus, keep the set minimal — a single unit set that is not too elaborate is preferred. Additionally, the performance space’s lighting is very basic, so please keep that in mind. Cast size should number no more than 8 — less is preferred, but we have made having that many people onstage work in this space.
- Any subject matter is acceptable, but please, no nudity. We are open to a wide range of viewpoints, experiences, and stories to present on our stage, so ALL playwrights, regardless of age, gender or ethnicity, are highly encouraged to submit plays to this call.
- Plays should be emailed to submissions@thePRT.com. The deadline for consideration for the full-length call is 11:59 pm Eastern Time, August 31, 2011. If you experience difficulty e-mailing scripts or attachments to this address, as a backup, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- The writer of the selected play will be notified via email, and granted the option of being produced. If the playwright is not currently a PRT Member, they are required to join PRT prior to production for a minimum of one season. Dues must be submitted before production can begin. If dues are not submitted in a timely manner, the play will be replaced.