Jennifer Guhl is leaving Orlando Rep to go back to school, and her job will be available:
Orlando Repertory Theatre (the Rep), a theatre for family and young audiences, seeks an energetic and experienced Marketing Manager for a full-time position beginning on or around June 6, 2011. The Marketing Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Rep’s marketing, publicity and public relations including the website, show season promotion, the Youth Academy, special events, festivals and all other events.
Ideal candidates will be self motivated, have exceptional communication and organizational skills, experience in marketing, design or promotions, be able to work independently and in collaboration with administrative staff, and have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
Please send your resume, cover letter or other materials by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (Orlando Repertory Theatre, Attn: Office Manager, 1001 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, FL 32803), and visit our website at www.orlandorep.com.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all aspects of marketing, public relations and publicity
• Create a strategic marketing campaign for all productions, events, and projects
• Provide graphic design for all marketing and communications materials, or contract additional graphic artist support for selected and approved material when necessary
• Maintain and continuously update the Rep website
• Ensure proper credits, promotional information are included in the Playbill program
• Retain close connections with media for publicity opportunities, as well as good relationships with printing companies and other suppliers
• Maintain an up-to-date marketing budget
• Establish and meet printing deadlines and maintain all promotional materials
• Organize all promotional aspects for internal or community events; plan and take part in Rep special events
• Train, manage and lead interns and grad students involved with marketing
• Assist in integrating UCF’s MFA students and interns throughout the Rep organization
• Work closely with other staff members to ensure the smooth interface between departments
• Serve as a member of the Full-House Committee (sub-committee with Board of Directors)
• Highly proficient using Social Media networks; proficient in Adobe software such as PhotoShop or Illustrator
• Exceptional written and verbal communications, and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage and maintain marketing budget and control costs
• Ability to establish and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Team player, creative contributor and collaborator
• Able to work effectively and independently, and demonstrate strong leadership and management skills
• Preference will be given to candidates with a BA or BFA in Marketing/PR, or 3-5 years experience
The Rep is a family theatre, and anyone in a management position is required to represent themselves at internal or external activities in a manner that corresponds to positive family values. The Rep is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. For more about the Rep, please visit www.orlandorep.com.