Here’s another audition notice:
Wednesday, June 15 and Thursday June 16, 7-9 p.m.
The Studio Theater , 398 West Amelia Street, Orlando
In the Wings Productions Present Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap
Show dates July 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, 31
About the show:
The author comes forth with another hit about a group of strangers stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer. The suspects include the newly married couple who run the house, and the suspicions that are in their minds nearly wreck their perfect marriage. Others are a spinster with a curious background, an architect who seems better equipped to be a chef, a retired Army major, a strange little man who claims his car has overturned in a drift, and a jurist who makes life miserable for everyone. Into their midst comes a policeman, traveling on skis. He no sooner arrives, than the jurist is killed. Two down, and one to go. To get to the rationale of the murderer’s pattern, the policeman probes the background of everyone present, and rattles a lot of skeletons. Another famous Agatha Christie switch finish! Chalk up another superb intrigue for the foremost mystery writer of her time.
- Mollie Ralston – Proprietor of Monkswell Manor, and wife of Giles.
- Giles Ralston – Husband of Mollie who runs Monkswell Manor with his wife.
- Christopher Wren – The first guest to arrive at the hotel, Wren is a hyperactive young man who acts in a very peculiar manner. He admits he is running away from something, but refuses to say what. Wren claims to have been named after the architect of the same name by his parents.
- Mrs Boyle – A critical older woman who is pleased by nothing she observes.
- Major Metcalf – Retired from the army, little is known about Major Metcalf.
- Miss Casewell – A strange, aloof, masculine woman who speaks offhandedly about the horrific experiences of her childhood.
- Mr Paravicini – A man of unknown provenance, who turns up claiming his car has overturned in a snowdrift. He appears to be affecting a foreign accent and artificially aged with make-up.
- Detective Sergeant Trotter – A policeman who arrives in a snow storm saying he has come to protect the guests from the murderer.
Auditions will be held June 15 and 16 (address above) from 7-9 pm. A 1-2 minute dramatic monologue is requested however not required as actors will be asked to read from the script. Head shot and resume requested. But don’t worry if you don’t have one, come on down!
The Production Team
Director: Amy Cuccaro
Lighting Design: Andre Segar
Set Design: Jamie DeHay
Costumes: Franchesca Alicea
For questions please contact Amy Cuccaro at email@example.com