Here’s an announcement of a casting call for a web project needing actors good with Elizabethan English:
Casting Call for The Aegeans
NOTE: Experience with Shakespearean theater and/or general Elizabethan English a must for all lead and speaking roles.
WHAT: Pilot episode for serial web series concerning supernatural mysteries in a 17th-century Puritan village. D.W. Griffith and Shakespeare meet Twin Peaks.
WHEN: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, sides will be provided upon scheduling of appointment. Please contact the Producer through email: TheAegeansSeries@gmail.com to schedule your appointment. Production scheduled for the first two weeks of August 2011.
REMEMBER: Please provide a copy of attached headshot/resume through email.
- Priscilla: Female – 15-17 – Outward innocence with hidden secrets. Good with tragedy/high drama. Younger sister of Jane. Fair complexion. [Actual Sisters Welcome]
- Jane: Female – 16-18. Ideal of honesty, prudence, and patience. Older sister of Priscilla. [Actual Sisters Welcome] Fair complexion.
- Minister Thatcher: Male – Late 30’s-50’s. Authoritarian, intimidating, yet not without compassion. Father of Priscilla and Jane.
- William Phips: Male – Late 30’s-50’s. High Strung. Good with comedy
- Grandmother Thatcher: Female – 50s-80s. Elderly. Sick and Frail. Good with high drama.
- Mrs. Phips: Female – 30s-50s. Sick and frail. Wife of William Phips. Good with high drama.
- Joseph: Male – 20s-40s – African American servant. Good with comedy.
- John: Male – 20s-40s – African American Servant.
- Elderly man with long beard. Actual beard preferred.
- Pregnant woman – 20s-40s. Real pregnancies only please. No strenuous activity required.
- Ghostly woman – 20s-50s.
- Boy – 8 – 10.
- Elderly man and wife. 50s-80s. Real married couple preferred.
Also casting for 20-30 background extras of various ages, genders, and races.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: TheAegeansSeries@gmail.com