Beth Marshall Presents is having another round of auditions for its coming season and is particularly looking for actors to fill several specific roles:
- Looking for a young male actor with strong acting chops that can play a mentally challenged character age 14-17 years. (Lead Role- Buddy). (Equity/Non-Equity)
- We need 1 Asian female actor age 40+ and 1 Asian male actor age 40+ and many male/female actors ages 50+ of ALL ethnicities. (Equity/Non-Equity)
Here’s the complete audition notice:
Season Audition Announcement:
Beth Marshall Presents
Contact: Chasmin Hallyburton: Chasmin@BethMarshallPresents.Com
What: Season Audition Announcement for Beth Marshall Presents
When: Sat. July 16 & Sun. July 17
Callbacks: Monday July 18 6:30pm
Audition Location: Lowndes Shakespeare Center/Studio B, 812 E. Rollins Street
What to bring: 1 headshot and 1 resume
What to prepare: reading sides from scripts. No monologues. No songs.
To schedule an appointment/request full rehearsal schedule email Production Manager, Chasmin Hallyburton at: Chasmin@BethMarshallPresents.Com.
Beth Marshall Presents is an equal opportunity company with special interest in nontraditional casting and strongly encourages ALL ethnicities and sexualities to audition.
Show info/roles available:
The Diviners, by Jim Leonard Jr. Directed by Aradhana Tiwari. Show location: The Garden Theatre, Winter Garden, Fl. Show dates: Dec. 2-18. (Thur/Fri./Sat. 8pm, Sun. 2pm) Rehearsals begin Sept. 26. (off during Thanksgiving Holiday)
About the show: Winner of the American College Theatre Festival, this marvelously theatrical play is the story of a disturbed young man and his friendship with a disenchanted Kentucky preacher in southern Indiana in the early 1930s. A hauntingly dramatic tale of unlikely bonds of friendship, loss, hope and the regaining of faith.
Roles Available: Equity/Non-Equity
- 1 male (able to play age 14-17yrs. and mentally challenged
- 2 males ages 30-40 (southern preacher/ midwestern farmer)
- 1 male ages 30-40 ( midwestern, short-tempered mechanic)
- 1 male ages 30-50 (midwestern business owner)
- 2 males ages 18-30 ( 2 midwestern farmhands)
- 4 females ages 30-50 (midwestern moms, busy bodied store owner, sister/aunt, southern diner owner)
- 2 females ages 18-30 (midwestern ingenues)
All Roles Paid.
Prop 8 On Trial, by Lisa Cordes. Directed by Beth Marshall & Chad Lewis. Show location: Lowndes Shakespeare Center/Mandell Theater. Show dates: Feb. 10 & 11, 2012. Rehearsals Feb. 5-9 6-10pm.
About the show: Florida Premiere. Prop 8 is performed as a staged reading with multi-media. The transcript is verbatim words from California’s Propisition 8 trial. This case marks the first time in U.S. history that same-sex marriage is mentioned — let alone debated — in federal court. The U.S. Supreme Court blocked any video from this trial, but reporters and activists used social media to record the event. Patial proceeds from this show go to benefit the fight for the legalization of gay marriage.
Roles Available: Equity/Non-Equity
Prop 8 will be cast with a mix of community leaders, city/county officials, GLBT advocates, arts leaders and professional actors. 38 roles all ages 16+. Multiple male/female roles. Many roles for ethnic and GLBT actors.
- Asian male- age 40+
- Asian female age-40+
- Need several male/female actors of all ethnicities ages 50+
Non-paid as this show is a partial benefit.
The Way of the Cards, written and directed by Aradhana Tiwari. World Premiere. Show location: Lowndes Shakespeare Center/ Mandell Theater. Show dates: March 9-18, 2012. Rehearsals begin Feb. 2.
About the show:The story is structured around a hand of Texas Hold ‘em: The Blind, The Flop, The Turn, and The River. Meet Tip, who needs to teach cards in order to relay the most cataclysmic hand of his life. His Mother “Sass” Arlington (played by Beth Marshall) may have been the First Lady Of The Vegas Strip at one point in her poker career, but now she is simply a tired hack who plays on a riverboat. The house she lives in with her three children, Tip, Tally, and Lucky, is a “house of cards,” and the price of poker keeps going up!
Roles Available: Non-Equity
- 1 Male age 17-21 (young looking, introspective, patient, quiet poker swagger)
- 1 Male age 13-15 (young, free-spirit, light-hearted, ahead of his time but still a kid)
- 1 Female age 17-25 (high-strung, short-tempered, the daughter that plays the role of mom)
ALL ROLES PAID.
Collaborative Ensemble Artists Needed: Also hiring 3/4 male/female actors of ages 20+ interested in working on original collaborative ensemble performances/presentations created for art museums, galleries and school presentations marrying history, visual art and stage performance. Actors need to be quick studies, willing to do research on real art/historical people, be adaptable to non-traditional theatrical settings/stages and have a love for visual art and history. Particularly looking for those with summer and Jan/Feb. availability.
ALL ROLES PAID per gig.