Here’s an upcoming audition for Suddenly Seniors the Musical:
Categories: Actors/Singers/Dancers over 40 years of age
Paid/Non-Paid: Paid performances, performance dates and location to be announced.
Union: Both Equity and Non-Equity roles are available.
Audition Date(s): Saturday, July 23, 2011
Times: Open Call 11 AM to 1 PM—first come, first seen
Audition Venue: 8046-B Presidents Drive, Orlando, Florida 32809
Contact Phone: 407-258-8080
Contact Email: email@example.com
Description: Suddenly Seniors The Musical, LLC is holding auditions for the original, musical comedy Suddenly Seniors the Musical. Interested performers are asked to submit head shot and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A vocal number from the production is required and will be provided in advance by the casting director. Character descriptions, sides, sheet music, and tracks will be provided upon receipt of head shot and bio and/or resume.
All roles are available and include the following characters:
- Margaret Welch– Female, 50+, Caucasian, city dweller and stage performer all her life, stylish and refined, grandmother of one, single, newly retired Broadway starlet who is not completely sure of where she fits into the senior world.
- Katie Martin–Female, 50+, Caucasian, free spirit and independent, blue-collar roots, Irish ancestry, single, an anti-establishment mindset with a well-educated, corporate ladder climbing executive history, she’s an aging hippie at heart, with a get it done attitude, she’s the friend you can depend on without ever having to ask.
- Georgia Jones– Female, 50+, African-American, roots in the deep South, charismatic and exuberant, evangelical, she’s nurturing and maternal, warm and embracing personality, charming and hospitable, married to Charles but they are emotionally disconnected but Georgia’s determined to melt his hardened heart and reignite their romance.
- Sandy Swift– Male, 50+, Caucasian, a former itinerant surfer, casual relaxed style, confirmed bachelor, fit and attractive with the exception of a bum leg that requires a cane, inherited ownership of Sunny Vistas, which has resulted in the first emotional investments and permanent home in his lifetime. He’s ill-equipped for the financial and business responsibilities thrust upon him. He’s kept up the pretense that he’s successfully assumed the entrepreneurial role of his deceased parents but is increasingly uncomfortable in his skin, incapable of being the hero the residents think he is.
- Fernando Rodrigues– Male, 50+, gay designer, upbeat and self-indulgent, effervescent and energetic, a friend to all, patriotic and passionate.
- Anthony Ferrari– Male, 50+, Italian, silver fox, widowed, a deal maker, a crooner in the style of Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, or Sinatra, a positive and inspirational attitude that charms straight to the heart.
- Charles Jones– Male, 50+, African-American, roots in the deep South, college-educated, Vietnam vet, guarded and reserved, married to the love of his life, Georgia, but can’t seem to find the courage to ignite the flame still burning in his heart for her.
Minimum age for all roles is 40. All roles require singing and dancing.