Orlando Shakespeare Theater needs one non-Equity male for its rotating repertory of Romeo and Juliet and Cymbeline. Here’s the audition notice:
The Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF is holding an open call for one local non-union (Actors’ Equity Association) male actor for the Shakespeare rotating repertory productions of Romeo and Juliet and Cymbeline.
Auditions will be held on Monday, August 8 from 1:30 p.m – 5:30 p.m. at the John & Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center, 812 E. Rollins Street, Orlando, Florida, 32803. For an audition time, please sign in at the Lowndes Shakespeare Center on August 8, 2011 beginning at 1 p.m. Auditions will be held in the Orlando Shakes Conference Room.
1. Prince/Apothecary (Romeo & Juliet) – Male 35-60. Prince: Imperious, commanding ruler of Verona. Big voice and presence. Apothecary – down on his luck peddler of drugs. Homeless man type.
2. Caius/Lucius (Cymbeline) Male 35-60. General to Augustus Caesar. Proud, gutsy. Big voice and presence.
• Performers must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Seeking local non-union (AEA) actor. No housing provided.
• Non-union weekly salary: $380.12
• Contract dates: Monday, December 19 – Sunday, March 18, 2012. – Full time commitment. Morning school performances on Tuesday-Friday with evening performances Wednesday-Saturday and Sunday matinees.
• Please provide two copies of a current head shot and resume.
1. One short dramatic monologue (limit two minutes) and be prepared to read from sides of the two shows.
2. Or, if you prefer to read directly from the scripts, sides are available at http://www.orlandoshakes.org/auditions. Please prepare one side only, but be prepared to read more. A reader will be provided.
For questions or more information, please contact the Orlando Shakes Company Manager, Melissa E. Koerner at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 407-447-1700 x 210 during business hours.